I enjoy crochet. It has been a part of my life for over 50 years and I never seem to grow tired of making things. They don’t even have to be useful things..grin There is something in the process that fulfills a need to create… or maybe it just fill my hands with pleasant motion…who knows. Anyway, there are many places one can find wonderful patterns to crochet almost anything. For that person out there who just wants to learn to do some of the basics, here are a few patterns. These patterns are free for you to use. Make as many as you like and feel free to sell them at your school bazaars and swap meets.
- 3″ TINY HEART This little 3″ heart is done with thread instead of yarn and is perfect for embellishing crazy quilts, pockets, gift boxes… whatever one would like..
- TINY CROCHETED BASKET This is another thread crochet motif that can be used as an embellishment.
- V-STITCH AFGHAN This afghan moves along at a quick and easy pace, works up quickly and is soft and comfortable. It makes a wonderful gift and can be sized easily by varying the size of the needle or the size of the thread.
- EASY FINGERLESS MITTENS Crocheting in the back loop only is an easy way to make a ribbing…these mittens look good and are comfortable.
- EASY RIBBED HAT Here’s the pattern for the hat that matches the fingerless mittens. I made these sets as gifts…
- EASY RIBBED SLIPPERS Easy to make, quick to put together…
- CROCHETED MEDALLION SCARF Another quick and easy pattern. The drape and feel of this scarf is wonderful.