I finished the Snail/Mushroom Quilt a couple of days ago and I have to say I’m happy with it. This was the first quilt that was quilted with a quilting foot on my machine and boy-o-boy…was that great. Hannah’s quilt was about this size and it took me a couple of weeks to quilt it with the needle and thread. This was done in about 3 hours! There will be more of these quilts.
Over on Mish Mash…etc I blogged a bit about trying to learn to use the quilting foot. The piece of fabric I was quilting was about about 18 inches square. When it was made into a book cover, it seems I measured wrong and it was too small. Well… here it is in a life… I can’t for the life of me figure out what took me so long to make one of these dpn rolls. It works so well at keeping everything tidy and at hand.
Also finished…reversible apron. I don’t think I will be making any more of these. It seems very heavy for some reason and I really don’t like the way it hesitates with the drape. But… for catching grease splatter and wiping my hands… it’ll work just fine.. ;o)
Son and daughter in law coming in two weeks… I’m still trying to de-clutter the house and my work room. It’s coming along well and things are looking up.
Have a good day…