Inkle Loom…Floor Size… Finished (free online plans)

I’ve finished with the inkle loom.  I don’t think I got it sanded well enough, but lets hope that with use some of that will change.  Here it is:

InkleFloorLoom

I haven’t done a true warping yet, but in just playing around I got a 17 yard wrap.  I think that will work out to about 15 yards of weaving by the time waste is extracted from that.  Can’t wait to try it…lo

InkleFloorLoom2

I was at a bit of a loss as to what to paint on it so the easiest thing on something this narrow was a vine of roses with a sprinkling of lavendar sweet peas… I think my sweet DH may get a little tired of looking around at all the roses..lol… seems I paint a lot of them.

This was not terribly hard to build.   The plans for this are here … the hardest thing to do were the holes to insert the pegs in and drilling completely through the peg to be used for the tension peg.  Thank goodness for my sweet DH… (Happy birthday, love!)

More on how this really works a little later… First must finish a couple of other projects before I can even start with this…lol  I’m sure no one out there has a clue what I mean by that…lol

Advertisements

About Linda S.

Retired Grandma living in North Central Texas and enjoying being able to spend my time with all my many crafting interests.
This entry was posted in Card Weaving, Crafts, Free Patterns, Handcraft, Handwork, Historical Textile, Inkle Weaving, Tablet Weaving, Weaving, Woodworking. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Inkle Loom…Floor Size… Finished (free online plans)

1. Congratulations! I really like the added touch of painted design. That makes it unique. I own 8 inkle looms including 2 larger floor models.
    I look forward to hearing how it this one works for you. With all of those pegs it might be hard to advance the warp.

2. Jonas says:

Very nice loom! Beautiful work.

3. Linda says:

Thank you, Annie and Jonas… I finished some of my other projects last night and will be warping this today … I can’t wait to try it out. Will let you know about the movement of the warp…

4. Gaz says:

Looks good, would like to build one myself but the links to the plans is not working.
    If anyone knows where they are and could point me to them I’d be grateful.

Thanks

Gaz

5. Marie says:

Great job! I’d love to build myself one but the link for the plans is not valid anymore. Any chance you can e-mail them to me?

6. Julie says:

tried to get the free floor inkle loom plans but the site leads nowhere. Are they still available?

7. Linda S. says:

I’m sorry, Julie. There have several that have asked about that. I guess the plans have been removed. I will see if I can make a plan for the one that I made since my DH and I just kinda looked at the plans as a guide and made it up as we went…

8. Teresa says:

Here is a website for the large floor inkle looms that you are interested in making. “www.camillavalleyfarm.com”

Although this is a commercial site, there are lists of required dimensions and materials. Hopefully this will help

9. Kristin says:

I just found this today, and I love your loom! I wanted to find the plans, and I was able to retrieve them by using the internet archive Wayback Machine:

The rest of the plans at that site:
    If you want to get the other plans, copy-paste the URL in to the Wayback Machine. It’s a great way to find patterns and tutorials that have disappeared from the net:
    When you find the plans, save them or print them. Once they are gone from the web archive, they are truly gone.

Now, to find the time to make this thing. I would love a floor inkle!

10. Shelly says:

The link for the plans is not working. Is there some where else I can find it? Thank you and great job.

11. David says:

Greeting I Have found a working link for this loom, its just a rough sketch but should give enough info to make it easily. I will be starting one today and if it works out well I might even sell them & a table/lap version at local events (Colorado area). I am NOT a weaver so I am shipping mine to a friend that will test it out. I plan to make some minor changes to make shipping, storage and transportation much easier. Ideas are always welcomed !!

12. Greetings,
    I am Mahee/maithgen/Mata. Thank you so much for building this look. It brings me a lot of joy to see that someone found my site and build my design. This is profoundly cool. Thank you. I can be contactacted at mrhusted@yahoo.com

13. Reblogged this on matawindstorm and commented:
    Was cool finding someone had used my plan after so many years!

14. David Waegele says:

Hello, I really like your loom design. I have made a few minor changes to the design to give more room to weave & make card weaving easier. I will send one to be auctioned off at Battlemoor, a SCA event that is held in Rye, Colorado. I will try to get some picture sent to you. I have been making my looms out of cedar, The light weight & strength have been well received. Thank You so much for posting these plans.Thank You,David Waegele

Date: Mon, 9 May 2016 03:23:39 +0000 To: waegele@hotmail.com